Lakshmi Manchu is a very beautiful actress known for films and television. Her original name is Manchu Lakshmi Prasanna but became famous with a stage name.
Lakshmi Manchu Age
She was born on 8th October 1977 (age 44 years as in 2022). Her zodiac sign or sun sign is Libra (The Scales).
Lakshmi Manchu is a well-established actress who mostly works in the Telugu film Industry. She was born and grew up in Chennai, India. She completed her school in Chennai. Later, She achieved a bachelor’s degree in Theatre from Oklahoma City University and continued at USC for film production. Moreover, she attended training at the Beverly Hills Playhouse.
Family, Caste & Religion
Lakshmi Manchu has a great family background in the Film Industry. Her father Mohan Babu is noted actor, producer and films director of the south cinema industry. Her mother’s name is Vidya Devi. She is the only daughter to her father.
She has two brothers Vishnu Manchu and Manoj Manchu. They both are also actors by profession and works in Telugu movies.
Lakshmi holds an Indian nationality and follows Hinduism. In addition, she spent most of her childhood and teenage with family in Chennai.
Boyfriend, Marriage & Relationship
Laxmi has been married twice. The first marriage was not working out so later she married with her boyfriend Andy Srinivasan. Laxmi and Andy dated for many years before getting married. She has a beautiful daughter named Nirvana Machu.
- Height (approx): 5′ 7″ feet inches
- Weight (approx): 60 kg
- Body Build: Normal
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Brown
- Sexuality: Straight
Lakshmi Manchu Career
At the age of 5, Laxmi started acting in shows and films. She started her career with English TV show ‘Las Vegas’, which had been aired on the American channel NBC from the year 2004 to 2007.
Later, Laxmi started working in many films and Television shows. Laxmi became the producer in 2006 when she made her first short film Perfect Lives. Moreover, she also does a ramp walk for many famous designers.
Lakshmi Manchu’s hands are full of opportunities across mediums. She says, she’s choosing scripts that hold a mirror to society and roles that complement her maturity.
The Ode(2008), Dead Air(2009), Thank you for Washing (2009), Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011), Dongala Mutha (2011), Department (2012), Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara? (2012), Kadal (2012), Gundello Godari (2013), Doosukeltha (2013), Chandamama Kathalu (2014), A day in the life of Laxmi Machu’s feet (2014), Budugu (2015), Dongaata (2015), Guntur Talkies (2016), Basmati Blues (2017), Lakshmi Bomb (2017), W/O Ram (2018), Kaatrin Mozhi (2018) and Mrs.Subbalahsmi (2018).
Las Vegas(2004-2007), Boston Legal(2006), Mystery ER(2008), Desperate Housewives(2008),Laxmi Talks Show(2008),Prematho Mee Lakshmi(2011),Luckunte Lakshmi(2012),Super Jodi(2013),Mee Kosam(2016), Memusaitham(2016-2018) and Maharani(2018).
As a Producer
Nenu Meeku Telusa…?(2008), Jhummandi Naadam(2010), Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?(2012), Gundello Godari(2013) and Dongaata (2015).
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress in Telugu(2013)
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress in Telugu (2014)
- SIIMA Award for Best Supporting Actress(2013)
- Nandi Award for Best Villain(2011)
- Nandi Award for Best Supporting Actress(2014)
- Hyderabad Times Film Awards for Best Actor in a Negative Role (2011).
- Alumni Hall of Honour Award from Oklahoma City University.
Facts of Lakshmi Manchu
- Does Lakshmi drink alcohol?: No
- Does Lakshmi smoke?: No
- Her mother died at a young age, so, her father got married to his wife’s sister.
- She was the first South-Indian woman to have a baby with surrogacy.
- She also works as a social worker and promotes the donation of money to good causes.
- Laxmi loves singing and has sung a few songs in her native language.
- She maintain her body fit by doing Yoga.
- Lakshmi remains very active on social media like Facebook and Instagram. She uploads beautiful photos and stories on her official Instagram “lakshmimanchu.”